This Literacy and Basic Skills program is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario and through the Canada-Ontario Job Fund Agreement. It is for adults seeking to improve their reading, writing, math, computer and employability skills. Learners are provided with a free math and English assessment before beginning the program and will receive individualized instruction based on their needs and goals.
Upon completion, learners will be prepared to:
- improve academic skills and be ready for high school credits
- continue on to post-secondary or apprenticeship programs
- increase employment opportunities
- have a greater sense of independence
A transportation allowance is available for qualifying students. Contact the school for more information.
To register, learners must be:
- 18 years of age or older
- Resident of Ontario
- Provide their Social Insurance Number (SIN) at time of registration with the instructor.